The BankNote Building is a 405,000 square-foot former industrial building located adjacent to the Bruckner Expressway in the Hunts Point section of the Bronx. The building consists of three distinct interconnected sections built in 1911, and is the former home of the American BankNote Company, which printed U.S. and foreign currency and securities at the site. Taconic acquired the property in December of 2007, and implemented a major capital improvement program to convert the former warehouse into a full-service Class A office building within the evolving Bronx commercial market. Taconic also acquired an adjacent, freestanding building as part of the project. The building features high ceilings, large arched windows, light-flooded spaces, views of Manhattan, wide column spacing, ample loading locations, and large floor plates, all of which appeal to a wide range of tenants and uses. Base-building improvements included the installation of new windows, elevators, bathrooms, mechanical systems, security systems, new entryways and lobbies, and an enhancement of the parking areas and landscaping. The property was designated a New York City Landmark by the Landmarks Preservation Commission in 2008. It was sold in September of 2014.